Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Uncertainty

This is weird, how a simple thing could make you come up with an (complicated) insight.

If you go to a railway station in this city lately, you might be sick finding the long queue of the single trip ticket intenders. I don't know what the reason behind PT. KAI to only open limited counters for single trip tickets and let their officer shout out to persuade us buying the multi-trip ticket rather than giving up our precious time to that deathly long single-trip-ticket-line . They obviously said something like this, "Please buy the multi-trip ticket! You won't be stuck in that long queue anymore. Crossing the gateway will be much simpler with this tool." 

It simply made me think that that might be their strategy to succeed the multi-trip ticket program. What?Such a cheap way, isn't it?--It's just my bad thought by the way :p 

However, i think the offer is still reasonable. For the regular commuter-line users, this tool must be very useful. But for the occasional users like me, they will think twice to cost more money before buying this ticket, as we need to invest IDR 20K to have it. For some people, this amount might be too high, literally or just because they think they wouldn't use it anymore in the future. That's why a lot of people still willing to take a spot in that long line, wasting their time for minutes or even hours just to get those single-trip tickets. Since i rarely use CL after stepping out from college, i was in that line too. 

Until i was in rush to reach a place by CL, i decided to buy the multi-trip ticket and since there is no expiry date on it, i realized that this ticket will be useful for me as well. As an occasional user, i would take two or three trips to Depok, Bogor, or Kota by CL and i don't need to waste my time in that queue anymore. I think spending that amount of price is value for time. Just swipe in and go! What a happy commuter I was! :)

Don't you think you want to feel this kind of happiness also and help to reduce that chaos in the station? Well, that is your choice anyway... No one pays me for this statement :p


So, what is the relation between this issue and the first line of this post? 

This is absurd, but i just want to write it down. The day I bought the ticket, i lost it recklessly. I was very sad at that time because of I think could use that ticket to go home and save more money. I confidently walked alone from GI to Sudirman Station, expecting the experience crossing the gateway straightly without have to take the money out of my pocket. Yes, i considered to walk on the distance alone just to make myself allowed to use the ticket. I didn't know before that losing a train-ticket could really make me feel that sad.

But then i was thinking what makes me feel sad is not merely about losing the ticket, it's because the insight i got from that experience. It's about realizing how close we are with the uncertainty, even when we have been pretty sure that something would come. This also reminds me that when God had decided something after all the sweats, we just need to accept. I believe, even though someday we can't get what we want, we still can count all the effort and time we used to pursue a thing. 

Just keep trying and praying because of  uncertainty will never be separated from life, right?

A lesson learned, just be prepared for another surprise from God. Have faith :) 

Cheers,
Sawitri Wening

2 comments:

  1. Uncertainty makes a human, human right? But we still can do our best to make the percentage of uncertain become less than 50%, Right? Just some kind of thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) Yes, how well we can cope with the uncertainty might be the essence of life. Right, yet we often forget about that formula, do the best.

      Delete